start: Nov 30, 2014 05:00AM
End: Nov 30, 2014 08:05AM
Venue: ECR, Chennai, Tamil Nadu,
The outdoors beckons. Heed that call and you’ll reap physical and mental health benefits
A weekend morning in the wild a weekend with Irula Tribesmen on Nov 30, 2014.We all have those memories from childhood: jumping into a cool lake on a hot summer day, intently watching ants on the march or spending hours just laying back and looking at clouds. And whether we realized it or not, those moments in the outdoors helped shaped our views on the world around us. But those kinds of memories are fading fast for many young people today
SNAKE WALK down ECR!
What you’re likely to see:
Bronzebacks, Keelbacks, Cobras, Vipers, Kraits, Sand Boas, Rat Snakes, Scorpions…
What you’ll learn:…
– Understand the natural world of Snakes.
– Study Habitat and behaviour.
– Where to spot snakes and how
– Positive identification: Identifying highly venomous, mildly venomous and non venomous snakes.
– Shattering popular Myths and misconceptions.
– Are Green vine snakes, Wolf snakes and Checkered keel backs really non venomous?
– What to do if you see a snake in an urban setting.
– How to prevent snake bites.
– Wilderness first aid for snake bites.
This event is conducted to raise funds for DART aiding to treat and find a cure for children suffering from Muscular Dystrophy.